Many of you have suggested that we make our "Somewhat Famous" cookies and sell them. We are not ready to take on that task yet. If you would like to make them yourself, please come out and cut some culinary lavender and make a batch yourself. let me know how it goes.
- 1 cup + ¼ cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter (always use butter)
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp of vanilla (or almond extract
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 3 tblsp Dried culinary lavender buds
- In a large bowl, blend together 1 cup sugar and the butter until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Sift and stir in the flour and baking powder. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
- Prepare the lavender sugar: Blend lavender buds in coffee bean grinder for 10 to 15 seconds. Mix ground lavender with ¼ cup sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Roll dough into balls the size of a walnut and roll in lavender sugar. Place cookies about 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes in preheated oven. Watch for just a slight browning around edges and remove. Cool completely.